Health/Fitness Consumer Technology ~ The Era of Wearable Devices & the Digitized Employee
Technology is more wearable than ever, and individuals are embracing technology that moves with them through their daily lives. Employee health and wellness programs stand to benefit substantially by using wearables in concert with social media and other technologies already seamlessly integrated into the workforce.
A convergence of factors — cheap, unobtrusive sensors, mass adoption of sophisticated mobile devices, ubiquitous wireless broadband access, an aging population, reforms aimed at rising healthcare costs and more financial responsibility being shifted to individuals — are all coming together to create a unique opportunity to integrate wearable devices and other technologies to improve wellness and manage illness.
Melissa Thompson, CEO of TalkSession and journalist at Wearable World, will give an overview of the wearable device landscape and the potential they hold for employee population health.
Dr. Bruce Rogen, Chief Medical Officer, Cleveland Clinic Employee Health Plan, will discuss preliminary data on Cleveland Clinic’s large-scale wearable device program integrated into both Cleveland Clinic’s employee wellness program and the online tracking tool Shape Up & Go!, as well as the decision-making process around program creation and best practices learned.
We will explore:
- The current landscape of wearable devices
- Cleveland Clinic’s wearable technology preliminary results
- How to effectively integrate wearables into existing wellness programs
- How Cleveland Clinic determined which device to implement and why the device works for their population
- How to maximize engagement and tie-in employee incentives
- Employee communication and transparency
- Analytics and measurements/ROI on the wearable program
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Health/Fitness Consumer Technology ~ The Era of Wearable Devices & the Digitized Employee
- Skill level Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Self