The Role of an Independent Agent in Healthcare Reform
While the major provisions of health care reform have been in place for a few years now, there is still significant uncertainty on how the program will be transformed over the next few years. One thing is for certain, with millions receiving ACA health insurance plans, healthcare reform is not going away. Whether it is Obamacare or its replacement, independent agents must adapt quickly to succeed.
Wes Fischer will showcase how agents can adapt to the constantly changing health care reform environment to serve their clients better and grow their agency. He will show how to identify and partner with various organizations to increase business. He will focus on how to better use agency resources, create more compliant practices and use technology more effectively.
This redefined role of the independent agent will be examined on multiple levels which will enable the agent to be prepared and more flexible to take advantages of future market opportunities.
Key learning objectives of this session include:
- Identification of industry resources agents can use to prepare themselves for changes caused by healthcare reform
- Understanding how the trends in healthcare reform will affect the way they conduct business
- Identification of relevant program partners agents should/could affiliate with which can include provider organizations, health plans, government agencies and other marketing distribution outlets
- How to align your agent objectives with the objectives of your program partners
- Understanding that “thinking outside the box” necessitates an understanding that the box keeps changing shape
- Identification of marketing opportunities created by healthcare reform
- Best use of technology to assist agents in better serving their clients
- Enhancing Ethical practices and maintaining compliant processes
- Wes Fischer, President, The Health Insurance Store
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 48 minutes, 21 seconds
- Skill level Advanced
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Self